l s

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Shopping's not my bag.

I spent an inordinate amount of time yesterday shopping for shoes to wear to my book-signing. Not that I don't have shoes, although I haven't bought any for years. I just thought it would be fun to have a new pair of kicky little slides that sort-of matched my teal-ish outfit. (Trying to sound fashion-aware here.) I was amazed at all the 6-inch heels I saw in the stores. Do women actually wear those things? Well, of course they do. I've seen them on American Idol. I can't begin to imagine what that does to your back and hips, not to mention your poor feet. Anyway, I found a pair I liked with a 2-inch heel that isn't clunky, color just-right, but had to drive to a second store to get them in my size. On sale, of course. I'm all set now. Won't have to go into a store until just before Christmas.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Annette Bush said...

Nita, are they RED shoes? Ya' can't beat RED shoes for lifting the spirits! No? Well, next time ya' gotta try RED shoes. Seriously, hope the signing goes well. I know you'll look great!
AAB

9:42 AM  
Blogger Nita said...

RED shoes sound great, but not so good with a teal outfit. Maybe next time....

11:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home