l s

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Art workshop travel

I used to love to throw my art supplies in one suitcase and my clothes in another and take off to teach a workshop anywhere in the U.S. or Canada. Eventually both suitcases got too heavy with all the books, so I started shipping the books separately. No big deal, as I usually don't have any left to ship home. But now with all the rules and regulations about luggage and carryons I have to ship my materials ahead and hope they get there in time for the first demo. Well, maybe they have a better chance than with the airlines! I'm not really complaining--I understand why the security is necessary. I'm just thinking about how it isn't fun anymore. I love teaching so much I'll do whatever I have to do to be able to do it. It's actually easier if I can drive to the location. Then I can throw half my studio into the car and take off. Preparing for my next two workshops has been a little stressful. I'll have one day between them, but at least the second one is in my home territory. Only problem--they're both on collage, so I've had to sort through my stuff and divide everything in half, because I'm sure my materials won't make it back to Dayton from Baton Rouge in time for the workshop. Well, nevermind. Everything is ready, either shipped to BR or packed in boxes for Dayton. I will survive.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home