l s

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Creativity--it's what you do

I wrote about talent a couple of days ago. You don't need talent to be creative. You may or may not "have" talent, but creativity is something you do, not something you have. You're born with creative potential and what you do with it is up to you. What is creative for one person is "all in a day's work" for another. I was leaving Curves after my workout the other day when I overheard one of the assistants say she didn't have a creative bone in her body. It stopped me dead in my tracks. I can't stand it when people say that. So I asked her a couple of questions and found she likes to experiment with cooking and gardening and makes fringed blankets for friends, picking out fun fabrics and colors that go together. She never thought of any of those things as creative, but in my view, they all point to creative thinking that can be channeled in many directions, including into art or writing or music. As I left, she said, "I never thought I was creative, but since you put it that way...." And I smiled all the way home.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home